LOCATION: Comox Valley Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Support Services Worker - Dietary provides aspects of support services & hospitality throughout the facility for residents, tenants, guests and the public. Participates in some or all of the tasks related to: food, housekeeping & laundry services while maintaining a safe, sanitary workplace. Responds to resident, tenant, and building emergencies if necessary.
Include but not limited to;
- Responsible for some or all of the tasks related to the service of food to residents/tenants and guests in the dining room(s), lounges and tray delivery to/from residents/tenants suites. Service includes main meals, teas, special events and room service etc. through table/tray presentation; delivery and pick up of trays from residents/tenants suites; preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments; and scrapes and stacks/racks dishes, pots, pans, cutlery and utensils and return them to proper areas.
- Responsible for some or all of the tasks related to laundry duties and routines. This includes launder (sort / wash / dry / fold / hang / return to storage or residents/tenants room) linen (bed, bath, personal linen, curtains and other materials / items including soiled (body fluids) laundry and labeling residents/tenants personal clothing.
- Uses equipment & chemicals to strip, clean, wax and maintain floors of various material.
- Cares for equipment, supplies and work area by ensuring equipment is kept clean and safely stored; defective or damaged equipment and furnishings have been reported through proper documentation.
- Performing & documenting required audits, using communication tools.
- Maintains inventory in order on individual carts.
- Understands and demonstrates the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
- Practices and maintains established standards for food safety & sanitation, facility cleanliness, safe work environment and other areas required by the Health Department, Work Safe BC, other regulative bodies and the facility.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents/tenants, and the public.
- Participates in department / facility meetings and quality improvement initiatives and educational in-services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Must have current “Food Safe” Certificate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service.
2. Physically able to perform the tasks.
3. Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
4. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
5. Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
6. Ability to operate related equipment.
7. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $14.42 to $17.20 /hour
- Serving: 1 year (Required)
- Laundry: 1 year (Required)