We are looking for Kennel Attendants to join our team here at Westmorland Pet Retreat. If you have a passion for working with dogs and cats and meet all our requirements, we would love to hear from you. We are open 7 days a week including holidays. There are several shifts available including, weekdays, week nights (8:30 pm start), weekend days and weekend night (8:30 pm start).
- Socializing dogs in all types of weather. Walking dogs individually or supervising large groups of dogs in an interactive social group, understanding dog behaviour and preventing fights.
- Provide care to all our guests: feeding, watering, and sometimes administering oral or topical medications as per customer instructions.
- Cleaning of facilities; inside kennels, outside kennels, play areas, food dishes and bedding.
- Documentation of daily notes on client charts.
- Customer Service; booking in or out customers, answering phones, taking payments.
- Passion for taking care of cats and dogs
- Ability to interact with all breeds and temperaments in a calm and confident manner
- Ability to work several hours a day, and be on one’s feet for several hours
- Physical abilities to perform all duties
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be efficient, trustworthy, attention to detail and RELIABLE
- Required to have a driver’s license and or reliable means of transportation. Public transportation is not available in our area
- BONUS: Previous kennel or animal care experience
Full time & part time hours available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $14.25 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift