Status: Part time, with potential of full time hours
Employer: St George Medical
St George Medical offers a different way for people to access health care. We are a mobile telemedicine clinic that gives patients the benefit of being treated at home. Currently we are offering our services to the population of Greater Sudbury, Oakville, and Bancroft region. However we are looking to expand our team to the Timmins area.
The registered practical nurse will be instrumental in providing that care by going to the patient’s homes, documenting a history for the doctor, perform the necessary assessments, then organize a videoconference between the doctor and patient. The tasks performed are similar to a walk in setting and/or a family practice.
The staff for St George Medical work on a schedule that meets the needs of its patients, therefore evenings and weekend hours are to be expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Coordinate appropriate assessments and procedures in consultation with the physician or in accordance with medical directives, in the patients homes
- Work collaboratively with the physician through telemedicine
- Answer the phone calls from patients and book appointments accordingly
- Share patients results with the physician in a timely manner Further responsibilities will discussed in details with the candidates.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Have an RPN diploma and be in good standings with CNO
- A criminal record check, with no offences
- Basic CPR training
- Minimum of one year experience in a clinic setting, performing clinical assessments
- A valid driver’s licence and have a reliable vehicle
- Must have RPNAO insurance
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have the skill to utilize professionalism and discretion when dealing with patients in
difficult and stressful situations
- Must have the capacity to prioritize numerous tasks and demands
- Up to date on all vaccinations
- Ability to take instructions
- Excellent reporting to senior nurse and physician
- Experience in telemedicine
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume (in one document and labelled with applicant first and last name) by email to the attention of Jessica Montpellier.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time