Under the direction of the Registrar, the Scheduling Officer is responsible for the coordination and the development, timely production and distribution of the institutional timetable and final exam schedule. The Scheduling Officer will liaise, train and work with Deans, Directors and Chairs during the timetabling process to ensure the optimal use of resources. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of portfolio timetabling requirements as well as the impact of various constraints on the timetabling process and extensive knowledge of the relationship between registration activities and the production of the timetable to maximize student access to programs and courses. The officer will also be required to plan and supervise the day to day activities in the scheduling area and provides supervisory support to scheduling functions within the Registrar’s Office to ensure adequate service delivery.
This position requires exceptional customer service and computer skills, and the ability to work with multiple platforms such as the Banner Student Information system, Infosilem scheduling software and other computer programs. An aptitude for learning new technology is essential. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from a four year degree program in Business, Computer Science or equivalent.
Over 4 years and up to and including 6 years related experience. Supervisory and scheduling experience is required.
In-depth knowledge of the Banner Student and Infosilem systems are essential. Training in conflict resolution would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office, other large complex relational databases and software applications, as well as the ability to generate and analyze reports and to resolve difficulties with computer input and retrieval.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to solve very complex scheduling issues.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including problem solving and needs analysis.
- Proven ability to remain calm when faced with interruptions and complex situations in a high volume, fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, to handle user complaints and or suggestions, and to resolve conflicts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and think strategically with proven leadership and motivational skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Student & Service Focus
- Integrity & Accountability
Job Specific Competencies
Desired Start Date 04/23/2019
Position End Date (if temporary)
Monday to Friday, 35 hours/week
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate $49,967 - $57,134
Appointment Type Support - Regular Full-time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Employee Group Support