Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES – CORPORATE SERVICES
Cascades offers a full range of corporate services to assist all the organization’s units across North America. The expertise developed within these teams ensures the professional support our units need to be able to implement best business practices.
Reporting to the Industrial Packaging Administrative Manager and working closely with the Plant Manager, the Unit Controller will act as a key business partner to the management team of his plant.
The Unit Controller will have the following responsabilities:
- Establish and interpret the relationships between financial results and operational performance to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure the analysis of operational and financial performance indicators in order to contribute to the decision-making process of its business unit;
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements of his business unit;
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual cost budget for his plant;
- Support the management of its unit in the application and monitoring of business processes (including the budget process, analysis and dissemination of internal and external financial information);
- Implement the best financial, administrative and accounting management practices applicable to its business unit;
- Validate the application of accounting standards and Sarbane Oxley;
- Ensure adequate governance of standard prices;
- Participate in the analysis of production activity reports;
- Ensure adequate inventory management (accounts, obsolescence, etc.);
- Participate in the month-end process.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrate an ability to work with tight deadlines, work with deadlines and have a good sense of organization;
- Availability, resourcefulness and analytical skills.
- Hold the title of CPA;
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, SAP or any other ERP system;
- Fluency in French and English.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Accounting, ERP, Plant, SAP, Sales, Finance, Technology, Manufacturing