Gregg Distributors LP is a well established and growing industrial supplies company that has been serving Western Canadians for over 51 years.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced general Maintenance Technician with Carpentry experience to join our Building and Site Maintenance team in Edmonton.
This is a dynamic team responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of both the interior and exterior of multiple buildings. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, capable individual who isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty. We offer a very attractive compensation package, benefits and bonus program as well as extensive perks and incentives.
Primary Responsibilities (Carpentry):
· Miscellaneous carpentry work
· Experience framing and leading projects
· General building construction
Additional Responsibilities for Maintenance Technicians:
· Maintenance and repair of our buildings & lands
· Miscellaneous equipment repair
· Working with and supervising contractors to perform other duties
· Upkeep of parking lot areas year round
· Planting and maintaining flowers during the summer months
· Hanging Christmas lights on the exterior of the building
· Boiler, heater and furnace maintenance
· Plumbing: includes toilets, sinks, sumps, PVC and copper repairs or soldering
· Repairing cracks in the floors or walls
· Miscellaneous repairs to drywall
· Miscellaneous painting
· Diverse, well rounded experience in maintenance is considered beneficial
· Ability to work well in a fast paced and physically demanding environment
· Ability to effectively work independently and/or as part of a team.
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Able to comfortably lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
· Must carry a valid driver’s license
Experience in general building maintenance or applicable trades is not necessary but is considered a definite asset.
Why Work For Gregg’s? We offer many unique incentive programs that help to benefit not only the lives of our staff members, but their families as well. Here are just a few examples of what we include in our Gregg’s Employment Advantage :
· Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Plan
- Quarterly Productivity Bonus
· Investment/Equity opportunities
· Housing Assistance
· Travel Rewards
· Scholarship opportunities for children of employees
· Employee referral program
· Opportunity to enjoy extra time away from work
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time