Senior Software Engineer, Java, Spring
Our Finance Technology team in Montreal is currently hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Java, Spring experience who is smart, creative for work on the design, development, and implementation of next-generation of marketplace lending platform and social banking. We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve. We expect the candidate to be comfortable working in a dynamic environment requiring high autonomy, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications ; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
- Design and develop high-quality back-end code (Java).
- Developing new software applications and features.
- Work with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Work closely with our designers to help realize a cohesive user experience across the entire lending lifecycle
- BS, MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or other related fields.
- Strong script development and debugging skills in Java
- Expert understanding of Java Core concepts, including both functional and class-based design.
- Knowledge of framework, Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience with consuming REST APIs/JSON
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, Postman, and Jenkins
- Experience in software development with modern development languages such as Node.JS, Typescript, Golang.
- Experience or interesting with microservices; grpc, redis, postgresql, kafka,rabbitmq
- Experience with containerization technologies (Ex.: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Brain Finance is a leading financial technology company that offers responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers by Marketplace Lending platform and social banking. We redefine access to credit with our revolutionary technology using machine learning and automation capabilities to provide better and simpler financial services to everyone. We have built a new generation of lending technology platform and have reinvented how credit decisions are made. The new AI is transforming multiple sectors and now is the time for us to bring this new predictive power into financial services.
We are a team of great people building a really cool product for great customers. We’d love to have you join us!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent