Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth is looking for a Supply/Demand Analyst to join its Global Integrated Business Planning (IBP) team on a permanent full-time position basis.
The mandate of the Supply/Demand Analyst, Global IBP is to help in the management, execution, and continual improvement of the Global IBP process and enabling tools.
Global IBP Process
- Collect and maintain data used in the Global IBP such as forecasts, product specifications, expansion plans, international transfers, as well as details about the legal framework and regulations
- Assist in ensuring that assumptions, risks, and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business targets are identified, monitored, and reported, for all regions in scope
- Assist supply and demand planners in developing “What if?” scenarios that leverage opportunities and address challenges
- Assist supply and demand planners in developing strategies for new product introductions (NPI) as well as end-of-life (EOL) products
- Extract and interpret data and build reports and visualizations for presentation to leadership
- Work closely with colleagues on the IBP team as well as key stakeholders to define, build, and implement scorecards
- Assist in onboarding new team members, capture and share best practices, and impart role-specific knowledge
- Help create, deliver, and update guidelines and training material about processes and tools
- Help coordinate and communicate action plans
- Analyze, maintain, and report on key IBP process metrics
- Any other duties aligned with the Global IBP process as it evolves
- Other duties as assigned
Systems and Data
- Be an expert in the use of the planning system
- Collect and document requirements for improvement to the planning systems
- Validate that the data generated by functions and programmes is suitable for IBP
- Ensure all data generated via the IBP process is accurate and on time for reporting
- Review various system workbooks to ensure successful data loads or reporting, and assist in resolving errors
- Produce regular reports and analysis using a range of data analytics tools
- Support the business in creating ad hoc reports and troubleshooting reports
- Collects data from multiple sources and interpret to inform the business
- Comes up with ways to financially represent the cost or opportunity of changes in production output that helps drive business decisions and actions
- Works with various departments to validate and understand the root cause of production and process delays, and works to address them quickly and efficiently
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in IBP and/or Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Strong knowledge and experience in business, data analysis, and supply chain planning
- Skills required to effectively manage complex and rapidly evolving situations
- Communication skills that enable change, problem resolution, mediation, and the ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to use an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system (Sage and/or SAP preferred), and business intelligence (BI) tools
- Knowledge and experience working with advanced planning systems
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong initiative, enthusiasm and project management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and has the ability to react quickly in a dynamic business environment
- A passion in unpacking and solving complex problems
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.