To promote and facilitate community-based services that enrich, strengthen and enhances the quality of life for our military families.
Where every military family feels welcome and supported.
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
The Enhanced Program Support will provide assistance and support to children with special needs with the guidance and direction of the Program Lead/staff within the Trenton MFRC Childcare setting. Enhance Program Support will require a thorough understanding of the unique and demanding lifestyle experienced by the military family and how these challenges can affect child development and parenting. Enhanced Program Support is responsible to assist with the performance of all provincial regulations according to the Child Care Early Years Act and to ensure to adhere to all Trenton MFRC Policies and Procedures.
HOURS OF WORK
Between operating hours of 6am and 630pm, Monday to Friday with an increase of hours during PA days/Spring Break/Summer. Hours of work are based on the needs of our program. Hours may vary based on Site specific hours of operations.
Ability to pick up additional hours at other Site locations (Trenton, Batawa, St.Mary’s, and Belleville)
START DATE: To be determined
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
The Enhance Program Support Worker will have:
- Two-year Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker or Developmental Service Worker Diploma, degree, or equivalent approved by the provincial licensing process,
- At least one full year of experience within the field
- Proven ability to work with children as individuals and in groups,
- Current membership with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educator an asset
- Current Criminal Reference Check, valid First Aid/CPR certificate, up-to-date Immunization,
- Proven ability to assess and document observations on children’s development or circumstance,
- Professional Code of Conduct, a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills,
- Written and oral fluency in English, written and oral fluency in French would be considered an asset and may be a requirement within some positions,
- A proven capacity to actively participate within a collaborative team environment, team mentality and focus with the ability to acknowledge and assess issues and concerns bringing them to the attention of the Program Lead and the MFRC Special Needs – Inclusion Coordinator
- Knowledge of the CCEYA,
- Proven ability to resource, create and facilitate alternate programming in conjunction with the MFRC Special Needs – Inclusion Coordinator, Program Lead and other program staff, geared towards the individual(s) in care
- Strong advocacy skills with the ability to work towards an inclusive and supportive environment
- Proficiency in various computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Access, Internet and the ability to adapt to new applications as they become available.
Job Type: Contract
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quinte West, ON (Preferred)