Job Type / Category
Whether you enjoy traveling, working in an industrial environment, working with new technology, learning new skills or honing existing ones and dealing with people, if you are open minded and have the drive to succeed we will help you find your path to a successful and rewarding career.
We offer training, competitive compensation and excellent benefits. If you are ready for a challenge, let the adventure begin by submitting your resume in confidence.
Corporate Assets Inc. is an international auction, appraisal and asset management company with extensive experience in the industrial marketplace spanning over 3 generations. We are a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial, customer focused industry leader, with operations across Canada and the United States.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a team of passionate and talented seasoned experts in a unique industry that will allow you to take your experience to the next level.
Our team of auctioneers and senior site supervisors are committed to training and mentoring a result-oriented individual that possesses excellent work ethic and motivation.
- Planning and booking travel to various auction sites as directed
- Travelling on a regular basis to auction locations primarily in Canada and the United States
- Meeting with clients and their representatives and touring auction sites
- Hands-on preparation of assets for marketing and sale by moving, cleaning, re-positioning, setting up etc. as instructed
- Supplier selection for site services (moving companies, logistics, waste services, fuel delivery, shipping, A/V rentals) following corporate purchasing standards
- Coordinating shipping/receiving
- Hiring, supervising and coaching temporary staff as required
- Documenting pre-existing site conditions with photos and written reports
- Asset identification and inventory list reconciliation
- Photographing equipment, machinery and vehicles
- Writing descriptions for equipment, machinery and vehicles
- Proofing lists and documents
- Uploading digital photos, videos and descriptions onto auction servers and other online services
- Auction site preparation to standard presentation level
- Set up and break down of auction related A/V equipment
- Assist Auctioneers on auction day by working as a ring man, clerk or other assigned positions
- Liaising with head office, customers and movers to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinating and supervising removal of equipment following the auction
- Assisting Senior Site Supervisors as required
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to travel within North America
- Ability to drive to auction sites
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written
- French/Spanish or other languages are an asset
- Strong customer service experience/background is preferred
- Proficient in reading, interpreting and understanding documents, lists, technical information, schematics, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of safe work practices in an industrial environment
- Hands-on, mechanically inclined candidates with previous experience in an industrial environment, maintenance, construction, warehouse, merchandising, parts and inventory control are preferred
- Disciplined, excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, taking pride and ownership of own work
- Creative, open minded strategic thinker
- Resourceful individual with a Can-Do attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure/stressful conditions and meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate with solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email
- Experienced with utilizing digital photo & video equipment is preferred
- Full G license with reasonable driving record
- Clean criminal record
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time