The Maintenance Planner demonstrates excellence in ensuring the completion of all maintenance planning for our valued client in North Vancouver. The Planner actively audits the performance of maintenance systems, and acts in integrity to ensure all safety, environmental and maintenance standards are adhered to.
- Demonstrate excellence in the maintenance of site equipment and the CMMS systems
- Maintain department metrics and KPI's
- Plan all maintenance activities, manager work backlog and required reporting
- ensure all required parts and materials are available for work orders and preventative maintenance
- Prepare daily work schedules to meet Superintendent needs
- Promote and maintain a culture of cooperation and excellence between maintenance, operations, safety, engineering and purchasing employees
- The maintenance planner will be assigned other duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will bring strong planning and organization skills to the role coupled with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities while working in a heavy industrial unionized environment.
- The preferred candidate will be ticketed in one or more mechanical trades, project management professional or technologist/engineer.
- A strong ability to work with plant inventory/warehouse systems and personnel is required and have the flexibility to meet the requirements of a 24/7 operation.
- Experience in a planning or project management role is required and experience in material bulk handling, mining and heavy industry or similar is an asset.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, CMMS systems, MS Office Suites
Education & Experience:
- University or technical/trade school graduate, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Mechanical discipline, professional engineer or engineering technologist preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in planning or project management role
- Minimum 5 years' experience in material bulk loading/unloading in a water front, mining, heavy industry or similar operation.
Shift and rate to be determined.
Preference giving to local candidates; however, travel and living incentive provided.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
"WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Maintenance Mechanical Planning: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- material bulk loading/unloading: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- North Vancouver, BC (Preferred)