Nurse Next Door’s purpose is Making Lives Better through Happier Aging. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, and our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts by delivering our happier aging philosophy. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another homecare company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do.
As a member of Nurse Next Door you are treated with kindness, and have found belonging. You have strong relationships with your clients, your co-workers, and your leadership team. You take initiative and lead yourself with the work you do, and have flexibility in how you manage your time. You see the possibility of caregiving as a career, and your leaders are helping you achieve this.
You are appreciated for the work you put in, and given the freedom to care for your clients the way you would care for your mom or dad. You feel engaged and want to make lives better — and most importantly, you’re having fun along the way.
For more information, visit: https://www.nursenextdoor.com, or watch our Culture video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flxoFnKqZsQ
To apply click on this link: https://forms.gle/hEMrp4uxwwBLFNxb6
What are we looking for
- Guarantee full-time 35 hours a week Sunday-Thursday + Tuesday-Saturday and have availability from 0700-1500 OR1500-2300
- Must be comfortable seeing 5-8 clients a day within an 8 hour period
- Valid driver's license is a must and work in Vancouver
- Must be able to legally work in Canada to apply for this position
- Good standing Registered BC Care Aide number
What we offer
- Competitive Wages with opportunities for career growth leading to management roles and additional training
- Impressive medical & dental benefits with full time availability!
- job security ensuring you get paid a minimum amount of hours per week
- additional compensation for driving
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being able to travel and from client- client home’s and create Happier Aging experiences
- Assists clients with activities of daily living: healthy meal preparation, personal care, transfers, ambulation and exercises, light housekeeping, errands, companionship, transportation, etc, according to Care Plan
- Reviews the care plans arranged by the case manager ( Care Designer) prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested
- Being able to use applications via phone and email to ensure proper communication and legal documentation can be completed for client’s care
- Engages in open communication with your Care Designer when opportunities to elevate your client’s experience and care are identified
- Responds to Care Services Center (CSC) Team regarding scheduling inquiries and updates within the agreed upon timeline
- Delivers on our Brand Promise by owning the client’s experience, ensuring that you do whatever it takes to bring peace of mind to our clients and their families
- Meets safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Functions within the limits of own experience and knowledge, and practices safely and competently within the job description.
- Negative TB Test completed within the last 2 years
- Registered BC Health Care Aide or caregiver experience
- Valid Criminal Record Check with vulnerable adult sector cleared - must be completed within the last year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry (Required)