The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance...become a part of that power...
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to join our team. Ideal candidates bring knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety standards, enjoy performing a variety of skilled trades while providing outstanding customer service.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you perform a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repair as well as minimal cleaning duties. In this position, you perform maintenance and mechanical duties for assigned buildings and related facilities, furnishings, and equipment.
- Repair structures, furniture, equipment, floor surfaces, doors, locks and other related items
- Repair faucets, sewers, plumbing, minor boiler room equipment, pumps, check valves, heating and ventilating systems
- Minor electrical maintenance required
- Paint interior and exterior of the building as requested
- Install dry wall, including mudding, taping and sanding
- Provide cost estimates of materials, labor and time required for projects
- Operate light automotive equipment for travel to facilities and transportation of materials, furniture and equipment
- Perform minimal cleaning duties as required
- Travel to the shop warehouse to check the building and perform minor mechanical and cleaning duties
WHAT YOU BRING
- One-year experience at a Journeyman level in a building trade such as carpentry, painting, masonry or electrical; an equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of materials, tools, methods, and equipment used in a building trade
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assigned tasks/duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to apply basic math skills and measurements
- Ability to work from plans and specifications, follow verbal and written instruction, and work independently with minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume by end of day Friday September 20, 2019. Visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/for further application instructions. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note as part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check.
Job Type: Full-time