Blackline Safety is looking for a full-time Performance and Learning Specialist to lead performance development projects to build the competency of our end customers, distribution partners and internal employees on our award-winning connected safety products and cloud-hosted software. This is an opportunity to take on an influential role with a growing, innovative technology company that helps our clients go home safely to their families every day.
The Performance and Learning Specialist will take the lead role on a project team consisting of internal employees and contract instructional designers, voice-over actors and translators. This position will require you to lead projects from initial stakeholder consultation and goal setting through to evaluation of results.
Who are you?
You are highly experienced in leading learning and performance development projects. You are an expert in adult learning, facilitation and people development. You bring a creative and innovative perspective to performance development.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Manager of Performance Development, you will act as an internal consultant to lead full-cycle learning and performance development projects.
Blackline Safety Corp. is a global connected safety technology company that develops, manufactures and markets products and services that empower businesses with real-time safety insights to manage emergency responses, evacuations and gas detection compliance programs. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-down events and exposure to explosive or toxic gases. Our products save lives. Blackline Safety is a publicly traded company (TSXV: BLN).
- Project management and consulting: collaborate with internal stakeholders, SME’s and your team to lead performance development projects from beginning to end
- Lead change management initiatives: utilize extensive knowledge of adult learning principles to drive behavioral change for internal and external learners
- Learning solution design: design performance-based learning solutions that drive business results
- Evaluate and report: use best practices in evaluation of audiences to measure learner performance against desired outcomesKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior consulting and relationship management skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Experience designing learning and change management strategies within a client facing environment
- Demonstrated experience designing learning solutions for all delivery methods, including face to face training, live virtual training, micro-learning, eLearning, etc.
- Performing needs analyses at an expert level
- In-depth knowledge of learning evaluation methodologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly knowledgeable about SAAS and technology products
- 7+ years in a training/curriculum development role, with significant experience as an internal consultant
- Experience developing technical training is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Organizational Development or Business is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- PMP Certification is considered an asset
Blackline Safety offers
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributionsOur clients depend on Blackline Safety to monitor the well-being of their employees at work — you can help to make a difference. Come work with Blackline Safety in an exciting, fast-paced work environment. To apply, send your resume and cover letter via email in PDF format via indeed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Training: 7 years (Preferred)