Position includes testing of process solutions, finished products and effluent water, inventory and ordering of chemicals, data entry and submission of reports, and logging and verifying equipment calibrations.
Education required: B.Sc. in Chemistry or Diploma in Chemical Science.
Completion of 1 or more co-op terms is an asset.
Industrial and laboratory experience is beneficial but not essential.
Must be computer literate: knowledge of MS Word and Excel. File Maker Pro experience is also an asset.
Job requires fluent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders to collect samples for testing.
Wage is based on experience.
Ability to work independently as well as engage with others is important.
Comfortable with evaluating and complying with regulatory requirements.
Job specific instruction will be supplied.
Job type: Full-time, permanent.
Experience: Quality Control Technician preferably 3 or more years with industrial and environmental dealing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
More details about duties and responsibilities:
- Measure and record bath levels: pH, baume, titrations, etc., daily, weekly, and monthly as per internal instructions.
- Verify the plating processes are performing as expected and that the deposits/surface treatments being produced meet performance requirements using various inspection methods, thickness, adhesion, salt spray testing.
- Work with Materials and Plating Team to determine root cause on internal quality issues and implement desired corrective/preventive actions.
- Provide support to plating team in regard to guidance on bath adjustments, new solution make-ups.
- Maintaining records for results and knowledge of data entry in Word and Excel or File Maker Pro.
- Manage the disposition of non-conforming materials in accordance with drawing and process requirements.
- Evaluate the adequacy and status of plating and measurement equipment used to insure quality plating provided to customers.
- Along with those identified above, other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with customers when necessary to facilitate resolution.
- Communicate with supplier in regards to order chemicals and also updating inventory.
- Comfortable with evaluating and complying and submitting regulatory requirements.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry or Diploma in Applied chemical Science.
- Fluency in verbal and written communicating skills.
- Completion of 1 or more co-op terms and also laboratory experience is an asset.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb on ladders for sampling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Word and Excel and/or File Maker Pro Proficiency is an asset.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems is an asset.
- Having certificate of TDG training is an asset.
- Knowledge of Plating Operations is an asset.
- Organized, independent, multitasking and team working ability,
- Confident in working with hazardous chemicals.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Reference ID: Ebco Chemical
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Chemical technician in operations: 2 years (Preferred)