The Process Control Leader is accountable for all process engineering and process control functions. Reporting to the General Manager, the Process Control Leader leads a team of 6 process engineering and automation specialists. The Process Control Leader optimizes the production, quality and environmental performance of the mill through process improvements and implementing advanced controls. The Process Control Leader leads process safety management within the mill.
- Meets daily with Process Control Team and Operations staff to discuss operational issues and monitor key performance indicators.
- Helps in preparation of medium and long-term business plans for Mackenzie Pulp.
- Co-ordinates the development of long-range business alternatives such as mill expansions, changes in products made, and capital investments.
- Responsible for Process Control Team development and training.
- Responsible for recruiting and developing the Process Control Team.
- Maintains and Leads mill Process Safety Management system/initiative.
- Maintains and updates mill historian for process monitoring and reporting.
- Investigates process improvements to suit future quality requirements
- Recommends capital or system modifications
- Selects alternative technologies for process improvements and recommends equipment specifications.
- Implements and optimizes advanced controls in the mill.
- Maintains a computerized mass balance of the mill.Qualifications:
- Appropriate engineering or science degree.
- Experience in the Pulp & Paper Industry in a process and/or technical capacity, preferable in Kraft Pulp
- 3 years supervisory experience
- DCS and PLC programing experience
- Experience with CADSIM or similar computerized mass balance software.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have good leadership, planning and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)