Reporting to the Program Manager, Solid Waste and Diversion, is responsible for researching, planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, coordinating and monitoring waste management procedures, programs and services for the Region and on behalf of its local municipalities in the residential, industrial, commercial and institutional sectors; auditing and monitoring program participation and trends; coordinating program changes related to emerging legislation, regulations and regional policies; developing strategies for reduction, reuse, recycling, advocacy initiatives and continuous improvement including related public relations, promotion and education; and developing and reviewing program, bylaws and policies for the Program Manager to meet the Region’s objectives for sustainable waste management.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in environmental studies/science or related field or equivalent approved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated project management experience in the field of solid waste management or related environmental field and social marketing or major marketing campaign.
- Thorough knowledge of the waste management industry and related practices and policies.
- Demonstrated project management experience in the 4Rs (reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery) and pilot programs.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license, free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
How to Apply
Please apply online by January 29, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$44.63 to $48.51 per hour
This is a Replacement
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)