The Vena team is seeking a Software Developer to help create one of the most sophisticated SaaS cloud technologies. This role could be a match for you if you are an innovative software engineer with an aptitude for big data, machine learning and full-stack development.
Our developer focused team culture encourages our engineers to be self motivated and self directed. We value leadership and people with passion who will take ownership to make their mark on our product within this growing business space.
Check out the team blog for more details at engineering.vena.io ( http://engineering.vena.io/ )
What you will do
- Write clean and elegant code
- Create robust, speedy production components and develop prototypes quickly
- Refactor, simplify and optimize code to develop features more effectively
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation and work cohesively to find solutions
- Contribute to building our environment that embraces continuous integration through the use of automated testing
- Think outside the box, adapting the latest software technologies while developing innovative functionality to improve software performance and usability
What we use
Please note this reflects a portion of our technical stack. We are constantly evolving and revisiting our stack to be on the cutting edge:
- A Java 8 back-end Server using Google Guice, Hibernate, and Dropwizard
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine with our in house DSL, and ANTLR-based compiler
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redshift, and RDS
- Supporting micro-services written in Java and GoLang
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ
- And much more
Does this sound like you?
- Three or more (3+) years of programming experience and exposure to a variety of different programming languages with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- You are a well-rounded programmer, probably with one area of expertise and depth, with a passion for working throughout product stacks
- You have a strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including software design, algorithms, etc.
- You believe in keeping stack current with the latest tools, libraries, frameworks, and trends in cloud technologies
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Equivalent experience and/or Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
Here at Vena we want you to work the way you think. We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.