For more than a century, Family and Children’s Services Niagara, the local Children’s Aid Society,
has provided vital child welfare, family/community support, counselling, foster care and
adoption services to residents in the Niagara Region.
Daycare Program Assistant
(Full-time, up to 6 months)
Under the direction of the Daycare Coordinator, the Daycare Program Assistant is responsible for providing care and supervision to children under the guidance of the Early Childhood Educators. The Program Assistant will assist with implementing an age appropriate curriculum for the early childhood program which is conducive to quality care and education, and with addressing the emotional, physical, cognitive and social development of children from 18 months to 12 years of age.
- Assist with implementing developmentally appropriate educational programs for children including, assisting with the arranging playroom equipment for various indoor and outdoor activities, cleaning toys, equipment and cupboards as required, assisting in moving and storing equipment according to the requirements of the location and assisting with and attending parent/teacher activities.
- Through observation, recognize unusual behaviour in children and, under the guidance of the and ECE, assist with preventative or remedial action.
- Carry out daily routines such as toileting, preparing and serving snacks and lunches for all children and directing children to assist in maintaining the general tidiness of the playroom.
- Ensure adequate sanitary and housekeeping standards are maintained including vacuuming, loading or unloading the dishwasher and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Perform duties such as answering the phones and checking the daily log, to ensure high quality of service for families. Document messages and record parent’s inquiries.
- Keep the ECE staff and Coordinator informed of any situation which may have significant implications for the child, the program and/or the Society.
- Keep exits clear and free of snow or play equipment as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work various shifts within the 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. day care operation hours at various locations
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or the equivalency as approved by the Ministry of Education
- Valid Registration with College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum 1 year previous experience working in daycare setting required
- Valid standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with appropriate liability insurance required
Please apply with your cover letter and resume by April 19, 2019.
Please include your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English.
Family and Children’s Services Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive barrier free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract