Fontbonne Ministries was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto in 2000 to respond to changing societal needs. We offer a number of programs serving vulnerable populations, seniors and people experiencing social isolation.
The Office Administrator is responsible for providing quality administrative services for the Executive Director, Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors. Technically and logistically proficient, the position supports administrative processes.
Reports to the Executive Director, supports Senior Management Team
- Members of Senior Management Team
- CSJ staff on cross-organizational initiatives and shared back-office functions
- Fontbonne Ministries Board through the Executive Director
- Fontbonne Ministries staff and volunteers across the organization
- Participants, guests and other stakeholders across all Fontbonne Ministries programs and services
The Office Administrator interacts externally with the general public, donors, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
Executive Support -
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and members of the Senior Management Team, such as managing correspondence, preparing presentations and briefing notes, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, updating contact and distribution lists, recording minutes of meetings, etc.
- Records and transcribes accurate and timely minutes of meetings.
- Coordinates office equipment and supplies, including multi-function copiers.
- Organizes and maintains effective electronic and paper filing systems, archiving as needed.
- Maintains manuals, templates, lists, documents as needed.
- Maintains, organizes and manages corporate records and information (e.g., Minutes, By-Laws, correspondence) for the Executive Office.
- Independently composing, proofreading and editing a variety of documents, including emails, letters, memos, reports and minutes.
- Receives, screens, prioritizes, directs or responds to incoming communications including telephone calls, e-mails and mail.
- Coordinates meetings by soliciting agenda items, preparing agendas and minutes, maintaining records and monitoring follow up.
- Undertakes research for the ED and the senior management team as required, analyzing and synthesizing information and where appropriate, proposing processes and solutions.
- Ensures that all reporting requirements are met
- Utilizes Outlook and other time saving technology tools to enhance staff efficiency
- Formats proposals and presentations, (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and maintains correspondence files.
- Recommends new ideas and procedures to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Using good judgement, provides information and direction on sensitive matters or other information in a confidential nature.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Board Liaison -
- Manages the administration of the Board including communication, logistics and preparation for meetings, i.e., agenda development, ; ensures timely production and distribution of supporting documents; RSVPs, catering and equipment. Records and transcribes accurate and timely minutes of meetings.
- Coordinates with the ED and Board Chair to schedule meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Maintains corporate records and archival documents.
- Prepares orientation information for new Board Members.
- Schedules Board and Board Committee meetings, including oversight of travel and logistical support for meetings and other events.
- Works with the ED to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and organizational standards.
- Supports the development and maintenance of Board Policies and Bylaws.
- Maintains and manages the donor database and email lists, and ongoing data hygiene
- Processes all donations, coordinates and monitors all online giving platforms.
- Prepares lists for donor solicitation and mailings as well as do not mail lists as directed including ordering direct mail stationery and other printed materials, coordinating list brokers, print shops and mail houses as needed.
- Ensures tax receipts, acknowledgement letters and thank you messages are generated in a timely manner and aligned with brand standards.
- Prepares donor follow up correspondence for monthly, credit card and on-line giving; follows up on declined credit card transactions and NSF cheques.
- An Administrative Assistant diploma or certificate (or related education/experience).
- 5 or more years of direct work experience in an executive assistant or office manager capacity
- Experience taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, Committees, and or the Not for Profit sector is an asset.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development and fundraising.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board Members, external partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), with expertise formatting documents to ensure they are reader-friendly and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills through proven ability to organize workload, determine priorities and accept personal responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Familiarity with maintaining and operating standard office equipment (photocopiers, mailing machine, printers and fax machines) and troubleshooting common problems.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Ability to convey the organization’s mission and strategy to a variety of different audiences.
- Drop everything and help when needed attitude.
- Ability to prepare accurate documents in a timely fashion, including collation of complex materials.
- Confidence to make independent decisions, within defined guidelines, with a willingness to take direction.
- Willingness to be part of a team, assisting other team members to ensure an effective and efficient operation.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills, including knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, to draft and/or proofread emails, letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Preparedness to work flexible hours as required.
- Proficiency in the use of teleconferencing and videoconferencing equipment and technology.
- Knowledge of basic budgeting to monitor expenditures and prepare expense reimbursements.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization.
- Emotional maturity with excellent sense of humor.
- May require evening & weekend availability.
- May require flexibility in working locations & working remotely.
- COVID Safety protocols and procedures in effect during pandemic.
Fontbonne Ministries values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify Human Resources at time of interview selection.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only.
Application deadline: 2021-08-11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.92-$27.27 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday