At Johnston & Murphy we believe that attributes are as important as experience and that who you are is as important as what you know. We believe that it’s the intangibles that make people and organizations special. Towards that end we have created a culture around an attributes based people model called P.R.I.D. E.
Key Responsibilities of a Store Manager
Passion – Personally dedicated to being the best; conveys enthusiasm for the organization with a “can do” attitude; never gives up.
· Consistently meet deadlines
· Use J&M sales tools to implement and obtain sales objectives
· Utilize all available resources to improve performance and to further educate yourself
and your sales team
Represents the Brand – Acts as an ambassador for the brand to the outside world; creates a store environment representative of a premium brand; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values.
· Effectively Network and Recruit
· Interview and hire personnel using the PRIDE model
· Implement visual guidelines, window changes and maintain store appearance
· Adhere to personal presentation guidelines
· Consistently deliver World Class Service and use proper phone etiquette
Interpersonal Skills – Effective communicator within the organization; builds lasting and productive relationships with co-workers.
· Build lasting and productive relationships within the organization
· Implement, utilize and certify team in all training programs
· Effective communication skills
· Coach and counsel performance to achieve company standards
· Implement and adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Create and administer PRIDE Performance Plans and Evaluations
Delivers Results – Achieves financial goals; manages profitability through personal and team performance; executes company priorities.
· Meet and exceed sales plans, both store and personal
· Meet and exceed sales metrics, both store and personal
· Protect company assets including accurate inventory and cash management
· Create and maintain weekly work schedules to utilize talent and maximize sales
Edge – Can effectively initiate and manage change; makes good decisions based on analysis and knowledge; conveys sense of urgency and moves issues to closure.
· Manage ALL performance, from exceptional to deficient
· Identify trends through shopping the competition and other trend resources
· Effectively use all merchandise reports to analyze, identify and communicate
merchandising needs to maximize your business
· Partner with HR to move issues to closure
The successful candidate will work a retail schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. The candidate must adapt quickly to the competitive environment of retail sales.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent