Cambridge Brass is the leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of municipal waterworks brass valves and fittings in Canada. Established in 1905, we are a self-reliant division of A.Y. McDonald Industries Inc. and are currently expanding our footprint throughout North America and exploring international opportunities. Our operations include a modern foundry, CNC machining operations, assembly cells and testing processes.
We are constantly focused on growth and currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Licenced Industrial Millwright.
This role is for a licensed Millwright who is a problem solver with the ability to proactively identify and correct issues in efforts to maximize machine uptime. In this role, you will perform maintenance and preventative maintenance on plant equipment, including pneumatic, hydraulic and minor electrical system work. To be successful you have a clear understanding and adherence to safety regulations with experience in pneumatics, hydraulics, natural gas, CNC machinery, PLC’s, foundry processes and machinery as well as automation design and build.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain, design, assemble and lubricate mechanical equipment, safety equipment, air, water, gas lines, including hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Perform repairs, emergency repairs, installations and inspection work
- Inspect plant equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear insufficient lubrication etc.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production
- Advise when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect
- Analyze wiring diagrams and graces and tests circuits to locate source of trouble in minor electrical equipment such as limit switches, timers, motors, starters etc.
- Dismantle, inspect, repair, replace or adjust faulty parts and wiring as required
- Assemble, align and fit bearings and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Perform layout work, make sketches as required of parts and equipment
- Calculate and determine dimensions, tapers and other data using formula and handbooks as necessary
- Record repairs and drawing changes, parts used appropriately
- Operate various machine tools to perform routine drilling, facing, turning, boring, milling, grinding, etc
- Install and repair all types of pipe lines and fittings, including pneumatic and hydraulic
- Performs routine maintenance welding as required
- Clean work area and equipment, and observe all safety regulations
- Licensed Industrial Millwright 433A
- 2-3 years maintenance experience
- Machine shop and/or foundry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers
- Electrical and PLC experience is an asset
- Candidates must be available to work days or afternoons as placement is based on seniority.
What We Offer
- Job security and growth potential
- Overtime paid outside your scheduled shift
- Afternoon Shift Premium
- Company paid health and dental benefits
- Pension Plan with employer matching
- Education and Tuition Assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.55 /hour
- Millwright 433A (Required)