The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
In Canada, more than 250 employees work for Alstom at four (4) main sites: Montreal and Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Ottawa and Toronto, Ontario. Current Alstom projects in Canada include: the supply of 72 Citadis Spirit light rail vehicles and 30 years of maintenance services for the O-Train Confederation Line in Ottawa, Ont., signalling solutions in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, including communications-based train control, the supply of 61 Citadis Spirit light rail vehicles for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area (GTHA) by Metrolinx, an agency of the Government of Ontario, and the supply of 468 new Azur metro cars (with a partner) in Montreal, Quebec. Today, Alstom is ramping up its activities to meet market demand in Canada, and is looking for experienced and talented individuals eager to join Alstom to face these new and exciting challenges.
For Ottawa Maintenance project, we are looking for 15 Maintenance Vehicle Technicians .
- To maintain the Vehicle, in line with specified Quality procedures. This will require Manual work and sometimes working on powered up trains in a safe
and controlled manner.
- To carry out such work in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as lay down by legislation and the Company Health & Safety policies.
- To carry out Daily inspection of the Fleet.
- To supervise the cleaning and servicing of the Fleet
- To carry out train preparation, all levels of examination and work arising involving the use of onboard computerized equipment/working manuals, shunting & Reformation exams.
- To exchange or repair some of the asset of the Vehicle
- To undertake other duties related to the environment of the Vehicle or of Work as specified by the Vehicle Manager and / or Vehicle Planner in a safe manner
- In case of Accident of Major failure, to participate to the rescue operations of the vehicle.
- To report activities (work orders / inspections) through a computerized maintenance management system CMMS and Tabs.
- To supervise and/or follow any sub contract activities.
- To adhere to Company procedures especially in relation to Quality and Health & Safety.
- To attend regular team briefings
- To read reports and manuals as and when required.
- To report accidents/incidents.
- To drive company vehicles when required and to obtain a Non-Revenue Vehicle license
- To respect, clean and maintain his work environment.
- Could be train in some additional scope of work (overhaul / software update /asset repairs) during the life of the contract
- Could be requested to operate the truing machine operation on the LRV every 30000km
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a maintenance technician
- Educational background in mechanical, electrical or electromechanical
- Knowledge of Rail / Vehicle environment is preferable
- Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards
- Ability to Coach Others. Occasionally has to share skills/information to others
- Work at height will be required
Planning & Organising. Prioritises day-to-day workload
Flexible and Adaptable. Can adapt to new ideas
Conscientious. Meets proposed deadlines
Detail Conscious. Ability to consistently produce accurate factual & detailed information
Team Player. Supports team members
Corporate Teamworker. Works well within a team environment
Vehicle Planner / Vehicle Manager
Network & Links
Client ; Operating control center and operators
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace.