As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. Alstom offers a complete range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, tramways and e-buses), passenger solutions, customised services (maintenance, modernisation), infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions.
Alstom is a world leader in integrated transport systems.
The company recorded sales of €8.1 billion and booked €12.1 billion of orders in the 2018/19 fiscal year.
Headquartered in France, Alstom is present in over 60 countries and employs 36,300 people.
Visit www.alstom.com for more information about our business.
- To maintain the Vehicle, in line with specified Quality procedures. This will require Manual work and sometimes working on powered up trains in a safe
and controlled manner.
- To carry out such work in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as lay down by legislation and the Company Health & Safety policies.
- To carry out Daily inspection of the Fleet.
- To supervise the cleaning and servicing of the Fleet
- To carry out train preparation, all levels of examination and work arising involving the use of onboard computerized equipment/working manuals, shunting & Reformation exams.
- To exchange or repair some of the asset of the Vehicle
- To undertake other duties related to the environment of the Vehicle or of Work as specified by the Vehicle Manager and / or Vehicle Planner in a safe manner
- In case of Accident of Major failure, to participate to the rescue operations of the vehicle.
- To report activities (work orders / inspections) through a computerized maintenance management system CMMS and Tabs.
- To supervise and/or follow any sub contract activities.
- To adhere to Company procedures especially in relation to Quality and Health & Safety.
- To attend regular team briefings
- To read reports and manuals as and when required.
- To report accidents/incidents.
- To drive company vehicles when required and to obtain a Non-Revenue Vehicle license
- To respect, clean and maintain his work environment.
- Could be train in some additional scope of work (overhaul / software update /asset repairs) during the life of the contract
- Could be requested to operate the truing machine operation on the LRV every 30000km
1 to 2 years’ experience as a maintenance technician
- Educational background in mechanical, electrical or electromechanical
- Knowledge of Rail / Vehicle environment is preferable
- Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards
- Ability to Coach Others. Occasionally has to share skills/information to others
- Work at height will be required
Planning & Organising. Prioritises day-to-day workload
Flexible and Adaptable. Can adapt to new ideas
Conscientious. Meets proposed deadlines
Detail Conscious. Ability to consistently produce accurate factual & detailed information
Team Player. Supports team members
Corporate Teamworker. Works well within a team environment
Vehicle Planner / Vehicle Manager
Network & Links
Client ; Operating control center and operators
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace.