Position at Absolute Software
We are seeking a highly experienced developer who can contribute to all aspects of our core products. You must have broad experience developing complex and data-intensive web applications. You welcome challenges, can communicate effectively, and enjoy supporting and mentoring intermediate developers.
You will join the global UI team, helping to design and extend the core components of our flagship web application: Absolute 7. We create all the infrastructure and tools, set the guidelines and standards, and support feature development teams spread across multiple countries. We are a small group with big responsibilities.
Absolute 7 is an enterprise security and asset management application. It is a React SPA with complex data and functionality. We also have multiple mobile apps for enterprise and consumer that are being replaced with next-generation PWA versions. There is plenty of opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of products.
- Work with other senior developers to plan and refine the app to meet new challenges
- Write complex UI components, business logic, and supporting systems
- Follow guidelines for UI accessibility in all development
- Document all work in Storybook, Readme's, and other sources as applicable
- Create unit tests for everything you create using Enzyme and Jest
- Diagnose and fix bugs in all areas of the app
- Assist with front-end DevOps tasks
- Mentor and support less experienced developers in all aspects of development
- Contribute to planning sessions, code reviews, and other team collaboration
- Participate in all team activities and agile processes: scrum, refining, retrospective, etc.
What You Will Need:
- Computer science or development certification, or equivalent experience with complex systems
- Strong knowledge of CSS tools, like Sass, Less & JSS – we use them all
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and design patterns
- Expert-level knowledge of the React library and its ecosystem, with 3+ years' experience
- Familiar with all aspects of the scrum development process and associated planning tools
- Experienced using Jira or a similar system to manage work
- Strong knowledge of Git and workflow control – we use BitBucket
- Strong technical and personal communication skills, both written and oral
Optional knowledge & experience
- Strong test-writing skills with ability to teach
- Experience building and supporting reusable React components, including open-source
- Experience with Antd UI library, and/or other open-source libraries like Material UI
- Familiarity with latest React Router versions, and routing in general
- Experience with Service Workers, Cache interface, and other common PWA tools
- Experience with Charting libraries, like d3 and AmCharts
- Experience with Google Maps and/or other geo-location knowledge
- Experience with ElasticSearch and building DSL queries
- Experience with Kibana and customizing it
- Experience with Redux Saga – a legacy tool being phased out
- Experience with Ember – a legacy frame-work being phased out
- Deep knowledge of WebPack, Babel, Grunt, and similar tools
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and similar tools
- Basic dev-ops knowledge, like nginx and its configuration
Why Work For Us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time