ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services teams work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals or to a specific department. This position receives regular direction or guidance; few tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Prepare:
(a) legal documents with directions according to general precedents and instructions from Professional
(b) letters, memos, etc. of a confidential nature, prepared from dictation or hard copy;
2. Day to day interaction between various internal and external parties to ensure the effective management of work.
3. Manage the bring forward or diary system/database to ensure important dates/deadlines are met.
4. Exercise initiative and judgment to relieve Professional of administrative detail.
5. Create, monitor and maintain client files for better file management and client service.
6. Coordinate administrative tasks e.g.: accounting; opening and closing files; docketing; billing; etc.
7. Any other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
2. Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information
3. Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
4. Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
5. Handle stress in a business-like manner
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
7. Bilingualism (French/English)
1. Legal Assistant Certificate/Diploma
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.