About Van Wasteco
Van Wasteco is a plastic extrusion company in which processes a recycling material into a reusable pellet for our customers. Van Wasteco is a friendly working environment and values its employees’ inputs and contributes towards its employees’ development and growth. The company itself operates its facility 24/7 and requires the millwrights to work 8-hour fixed shifts. However, this position expects to be available on emergency “call-outs.”
About the Job
Van Wasteco is currently looking for millwright to work at Van Wasteco Inc in Delta, BC. If you have an experience in millwright and have a red seal, apply for this position.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Operate lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Set the knife gap and test run the grinder and shredder for proper cutting
- Follow plant lock-out procedures during repair or servicing
- Report anything that is unsafe or hazardous to maintenance and Plant Manager immediately
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Journey level millwright certification
- +5 years of post apprenticeship
- Forklift experience
- Hydraulic experience
- Welding experience
- Mechanical troubleshooting experience
- Preventative maintenance
- Confined space experience
- Fabrication and installation
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Plastic extrusion experience
- Willingness to learn and grow within the organization
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Full-time and long-term employment
- Group benefits (such as dental, healthcare and RRSP’s )
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Rewards and re-cognition
- Culture of employment equity and diversity
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Millwright: 2 years (Required)