KONE Canada is looking for a General Manager, Service and Solutions servicing the Greater Montreal Area.
The General Manager, Service & Solutions has full accountability and responsibility for the development and implementation of the service business and modernization sales within a designated geography, driving an outside-in customer service mindset to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty. You will ensure the profitable growth of the business through: increasing market share; drives service operations excellence and ensures a safe and efficient operation, and the development, retaining and developing existing accounts. In this role, you will also develop talent, builds employee engagement, and reinforces and coaches KONE’s solution selling methodology. Lastly, you will ensure management/financial control plans and actions are in place to secure successful execution of performance.
1. Responsible for development, implementation and attainment of an annual business plan, operating budget and orders budget utilizing KONE business processes.
2. Responsible for ensuring an outside-in customer perspective, reinforcing the right behaviors that will drive key results to meet our customers’ needs.
3. Executes implementation of objectives/initiatives for service and modernization sales and service operations (i.e. Safety, Quality, market pricing, etc.).
4. Responsible for managing people related processes including talent development, staffing, compensation, performance management, etc. Span of control will range between 8-12 direct reports and will include Sales, Operations, Administration and Warehouse personnel.
5. Develops and fosters communication and actively collaborates between and across all departments including effective problem resolution.
6. Responsible for creating an environment of customer / employee satisfaction and delight.
7. Reinforce and coach KONE’s solution selling methodology.
8. Act as key KONE face to customers and other stakeholders in the branch.
9. Responsible for facility management, partnering with construction to meet specific needs.
10. Manages Corporate Compliance, proper business practices and code of conduct. Ensures operations conform to local, state and federal regulations.
11. Handles / manages local litigation issues in cooperation with legal.
12. Manages labor relations with IUEC as required in cooperation with HR and Labor Relations.
13. Establishes and maintains positive public relations to promote a reputation of quality for KONE Elevator.
14. Directs Department leaders to achieve planned goals and initiatives.
Progressive and successful Supervision and/or management experience (including managing people, budgets, planning, etc.) and experience in a consultative selling environment.
4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within a comparable industry.
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors
1. Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s processes, procedures, policies contracts and solution offerings.
2. Familiarity of competing solution offerings and practices.
3. Understanding of consultative and solution selling principles.
4. Understanding of field operations best practices.
5. General accounting and financial management principles.
6. Laws and regulations regarding safety and environmental governmental regulations.
7. Sound understanding of IUEC agreement and labor relations.
1. Demonstrated ability at leading and sponsoring change.
2. Ability to conduct financial analysis for the purpose of making sound business decisions.
3. Ability to motivate people to attain their maximum potential.
4. Ability to develop and foster teamwork.
5. Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
6. Strong persuasive skills.
7. Demonstrated coaching skills in a consultative selling methodology.
8. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
9. Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks through effective organization and time management.
1. Exhibits a high level of Integrity
2. Demonstrates superior work ethic
3. Possesses a can do and positive approach to their work
4. Consistently challenges the status quo
5. Turns problems/issues into opportunities for success
6. Demonstrates managerial courage
7. Attacks opportunities with vigor
8. Possesses high energy level
9. Demonstrates outside-in customer perspective
10. Demonstrates KONE Leadership competencies
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers