XTC Logistics is now accepting applications for a Dispatcher/Dispatch Support opportunity on our Operations Team located in Breslau, Ontario.
We offer a competitive total compensation package which includes base pay, quarterly incentives and annual bonus, health/dental benefits and an Employee Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and/or Team Leader, the Dispatcher/Dispatch Support team members work in a team-based environment to provide 24/7 third-party logistics and transportation services.
Dispatcher/Dispatch support team members are required to follow standard operating procedures and perform job duties in alignment with direction from senior team members, supervisors and managers in response to customer priorities and operational requirements. Dispatcher/Dispatch Support team members play a key role to ensure all customer loads are picked up on time, customer service expectations are exceeded and that all special requirements and delivery commitments are met.
- Directly responsible for working with customers and carriers, including handling all incoming calls and coordinating directly with drivers, carriers and clients.
- Responding to and handling issues as they arise while providing excellent customer support, such as customs delays and troubleshooting as necessary
- Stay abreast of and understand industry and market conditions, pricing and rates
- Effectively negotiate rates with carriers and customers to achieve gross margin targets
- Dispatch drivers for prompt pick-ups and deliveries
- Perform data entry duties for all orders into our transportation management system Dispatch Mate
- Maintain an accurate dispatch board in Dispatch Mate as applicable
- Monitor all shipments to ensure pick-up and delivery deadlines are met
- Monitor and maintain accurate onsite reports for each account
- Help support our customer’s unique, transportation and delivery needs, (e.g. appointments etc.)
- Call Carriers and update all driver activity in Dispatch Mate, in real time
- Research all undelivered Loads in Dispatch Mate Hourly
- Perform all Track and Trace duties, which includes proactive follow-up with carriers to monitor and track drivers for on-time pick-up and delivery
- Provide coordination assistance by following the freight at all times to monitor current location of the driver and trailer
- Complete and maintain accurate records at all times by performing effective data entry duties for all orders, status updates and service notes in Dispatch Mate
- Handle incoming calls and assist with routing and/or triage customer support requirements within the team as applicable
- Provide administrative, coordination and research support the Carrier Relations and Operations Management team as required (e.g. supporting RFQ’s, collecting rates and/or updating carrier lists/SOPs as required)
- Provide coverage for dispatchers and other team members as required
Other Duties as Assigned
- Previous experience in a 24 x 7 operation
- Previous experience and/or a familiarity with 3rd party logistics and/or transportation industry is required; familiarity with trucking terminology is desired
- Previous dispatch and customer service experience at the intermediate level is required
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Strong organizational skills including ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a sense of urgency while still paying attention to detail
- Capable of working independently, under minimal supervision and following directions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills with good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization (team members, managers, executives, customers, carriers)
- Able to manage priorities, workflow, and a high level of responsibility
- Possess teamwork, collaboration and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills Proficient in Windows Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and a transportation management system (DISPATCH-MATE)
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime if the demand arises
XTC Logistics Inc., is based in Canada with offices located in Breslau and Amherstburg, Ontario. We are a 3rd party Logistics provider servicing all Major Bottlers and Distillers throughout North America.
Our company provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have a proven track record for consistent on-time pick-ups and deliveries that makes us one of the best logistics providers in North America. Our Customer First focus allows for a seamless fit into any supply chain with consistent results allowing our customers to leverage our industry knowledge in order to optimize cross border transportation needs. We feed production lines daily and our customers trust us with their most time sensitive shipments.
Please visit www.xtcinc.com for additional information including our customer testimonials.
Apply directly to the posting online: https://xtclogistics.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
Job Type: Full-time
- dispatch: 3 years (Preferred)