JOB TITLE: Tool & Die Maker
REPORTS TO: Toolroom Manager
AFTERNOON (MON - FRI 3PM - 11PM) / $28.75+$1 aft. premium= $29.75/hr
NIGHT (SUN - FRI 11PM - 7AM) / $28.75 + $4 night premium = $32.75/hr
To assist in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements at UCAN. To build, modify, repair and troubleshoot dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples to ensure that final product meets customer specifications.
- Maintains and manufactures tools, dies and fixtures accurately to provide quality components at peak efficient levels.
- Works on presses to diagnose cause of tool or die malfunction.
- Sets up and operates all Toolroom machines including lathes, milling machine, drill press, grinders, etc.
- Assists Set-Up Operators to set up and adjust presses to ensure parts are produced according to customer and UTIL requirements.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and uses precision measuring instruments (imperial and metric). Performs bench work and skilled fitting to very close tolerances.
- Recommends maintenance and equipment repair necessary to achieve the highest possible efficiency, safety and quality. Maintains documentation and preventive maintenance requirement of press tools.
- Manages daily priorities for attainment of customer satisfaction, while also meeting production schedule commitments to achieve business objectives.
- Performs assigned tasks within given timeframes, and reports progress to Toolroom Manager or designate.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives.
- Performs all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follows the guidelines and rules as set out by the Employee Handbook and Company policies.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship.
- Performs various other related duties as assigned.
- High school education, valid Ontario Tool and Die Maker Certificate
- Must possess basic computer skills, i.e., Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) years experience building and / or improving stamping dies and transfer dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of metrology, SPC level 2, Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand complicated blueprints;
- Good working knowledge of GD&T
- Able to communicate in both written and spoken English
- Good organizational skills, be a self starter and a team player
- Able to operate Toolroom equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
- Ability to work overtime if required
UTIL Canada Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
UTIL Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence through equal integration and opportunity, eliminating barriers to accessibility to meet the requirements under the AODA. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tool and Die: 1 year (Required)
- Ontario Tool & Die (Required)