EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYThe Salvation Army Edmonton Centre of Hope
POSITION: Case Worker (Full Time)
FACILITY: Addictions & Residential Centre
LOCATION: 9611-102nd Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 130 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination.
There are four core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada and Bermuda Territory.
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
For more than 150 years, The Salvation Army has been serving and meeting the needs of people who are experiencing life challenges that leave them vulnerable and marginalized. Its powerful mission and core values are what attract people to join the organization to further its work.
Every position at the Edmonton Centre of Hope contributes to the spiritual and social services mission of The Salvation Army.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Providing support to clients by assisting in daily living through encouragement in community based programs, external resources, recreational and social activities, respectful relationships and education within personal life skills and employment skills
· Encourage problem solving and decision making
· Participating in program strategy development
· Facilitating program/class/group activities
· Assisting in assessment and referrals based on client needs
· Works as part of the Case Management team
· Supports and collaborates with residents in establishing goals, monitoring progress, and preparing independent living plans/care plans
· Various administrative duties which include documentation and assisting other program staff as needed
The successful candidate must:
· Hold a diploma/degree in a Mental Health/ Addictions Related Field
· Have previous experience in social services/ mental health setting
· Display competence in developing and maintaining appropriate client relationships, and inter-agency relations
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
· Have experience with program facilitation, administrative duties, and facilitation
· Be proficient is Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
· Be able to obtain a clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check (MANDATORY)
· $21.68 / Hour as per collective agreement
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. Please inform us if you require a disability-related accommodation during this process.
The Salvation Army is a Scent Free & Smoke Free Facility
Interested applicants must respond in writing by March 3, 2019 with email through Indeed.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time