As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The InfoArchive group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on the development and maintenance of the InfoArchive product line. InfoArchive is a unified enterprise archiving platform that stores structured data and unstructured content in a single, consolidated repository. This product enables corporations to preserve the value of enterprise information in a single, easily accessible, compliant, unified archive.
As the sales and usage of InfoArchive are increasing, OpenText is looking for people that will join a new development team.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for setting direction and leadership to the InfoArchive development team. You will be responsible for People management, product delivery, innovation, managing risks and ongoing maintenance.
This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, and “hands-on” product development skills. You must have a strong technical background, and proficient in motivating and leading the team, through vision, strategic positioning, product delivery. You must be highly energetic and passionate about product development (TypeScript and Java stack), track performance and show continuous improvement. You will provide mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Helping a team achieve sprint/release goals while partnering with the Product Manager on overall business goals
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure plans & resources are coordinated, and product deliverables are well defined, scoped and achieved
- Delivering on time, budget and agreed quality standards
- Facilitation of planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- Providing guidance, technical feedback and ensure release goal is achieved
- Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
- Ensuring appropriate and timely reporting
- Managing communication cross-functionally and escalate promptly when issues arise
- Ensuring Team development and career progression
- Aligning with the internal development process and improve the in-house methodology and delivery processes
- Providing guidance, technical feedback and ensure product delivery success
- Helping the team to be innovative and improve things
- Being part of organization-wide initiatives and drive the change
- Minimum MS CS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least 4 years in a management or project management position
- Hands-on working experience with configuration and (performance) testing is preferred
- Must have hands-on experience in JAVA backend development
- Agile project management training and experience required
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills required
- Excellent communication and people skill required
- Ability to organize, plan and create a team environment that will lead to a team motivated to deliver
- Effective facilitation skills for participatory decision making.