Liberty Spring is a world class spring manufacturer specialized in the area of custom high precision springs and has been involved in the automotive industry for 30 years. Our Company was one of the first to master the complex cold bending of very hard materials specific to the needs of the automotive industry. Continual innovation and improvements have enabled our customers and the company to expand. Our customers can count on a team of 700 employees spread throughout our 5 production sites, which are Montmagny, Canada (head office), Toronto (Canada), Suzhou (China), Juarez (Mexico) and Querétaro (Mexico). Our products are sold around the world: Japan, Europe, Mexico, Brazil and South Korea.
Liberty Spring has a unique opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician.
- Understand and follow safety regulations
- Understand IATF 16949 procedures and /or instructions and the relationship of their duties to the quality of the product
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment and other related devices
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as required according to procedures
- Maintain a list of all production and related shop equipment including spare parts
- Monitor the frequency and type of maintenance required
- Maintain a library of machine manuals
- Communicate to the Team Leader any problems that will impact on the timely production of the product
- Perform any required dismantling of equipment methodically.
- Monitor preventative maintenance program and inform relevant supervisor of any discrepancies
- Report any general repairs of maintenance to lighting, basic electrical equipment or other equipment to Unit Manager
- Record all maintenance activities.
- Strive for maximum productivity of the equipment
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping
- Communicate to the unit manager any machine problems and/or any production problems and/or process adjustments required
- Collaborate in the service activities of SRL, team board, 5S ,QR1 and QR2
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of production.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of machinery or equipment in the plant.
- Provide technical assistance and support to team members.
- Other related duties as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- College or technical degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance
- Must be able to operate conventional machine shop equipment (Lathe, Mill, Drill)
- Must be able to read and understand machine blue prints and schematics
- Electrical knowledge including CSA and ESA standards
- Basic welding knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills including pneumatic and hydraulics
- Must be able to understand the principals of preventive and predictive maintenance
- Must have high attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Liberty Spring is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the hiring process, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent