The Customer Service Representative carries out all customer service activities such as responding to inquiries, processing orders and receipts and handling complaints in a prompt, courteous and effective manner. Other responsibilities include answering/routing telephone calls, greeting visitors, scheduling and other clerical duties as directed by Customer Service Supervisor or Office Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts in a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning work orders, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc. in a courteous and effective manner
- Processes and inputs all customer orders
- Produces stock reports to check for product availability
- Produces all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders
- Coordinates special and last minute shipping requests with the Traffic and Operations Departments, expediting any order as necessary
- Provides follow up with other departments to ensure service standards are being met
- Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer generated invoices
- Prepares shipping and tracing information to customers as required
- Maintains damage records and back order logs
- Communicates customer feedback to management including any signs of dissatisfaction
- Acts as a liaison between the warehouse and the customer in administration of the accounts and between the office and customers regarding invoicing and credit changes
- Oversees all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files
- Maintains current and accurate procedure manual, which details the processing requirements for each account
2 or more years of experience in a customer service role in logistics, transportation or warehouse environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel knowledge including MS Office applications.
Excellent data entry accuracy
High school diploma required. Post-secondary education in Warehousing Transportation, Operations Management, or related field an asset.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skilled at providing exceptional customer service over the phone and email
- Prioritizes work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment and adapts to shifting priorities
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Familiarity with 10-key
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as needed
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Job Type: Full-time