Yorkville University and Toronto Film School has an opening for a Senior Director, International Student Recruitment, located at it’s Steeles campus in Concord, Ontario.
The Senior Director, International Student Recruitment will be responsible for contributing to the development of both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School’s international student recruitment and business development strategies and the oversight and successful execution of execution of these strategies.
This position will lead Yorkville University and Toronto Film School’s international initiatives and manage a team of Regional Directors and Admissions Advisors who are based in Ontario, British Columbia and around the world. This position is also responsible for establishing and managing systems and policies that support international recruitment and that are efficient and compliant. The responsibilities of this position include the management of international agents or other partners who contribute to the success of international student recruitment initiatives.
- Execute Yorkville University and Toronto Film School’s international student recruitment strategy to realize student recruitment growth targets from international markets.
- Provide leadership, development, operational oversight, and guidance on marketing, services, and activities related to business development, recruitment, admissions and the prospective student experience.
- Develop and implement domestic and international student recruitment and retention strategies and assist in the development and administration of annual recruitment budgets and recruitment goals.
- With the support of government relations and compliance, this position is responsible for risk management, compliance and reputation management when it comes to the conduct of all members of the international team and the messaging of its communication and marketing material.
- To work closely with the marketing team in the development of market specific messaging and identifying new advertising channels and improving performance in existing channels in international markets. To work with marketing in the development of relevant material and presentations to support recruitment initiatives abroad.
- Contribute to Toronto Film School and Yorkville University as a senior member of the admissions team.
- Provide direct oversight of Regional Directors of recruitment and through them any staff associated with their region.
- Select, promote or hire any new members of the international recruitment team.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities and present them to Senior Management
- Provide leadership to Directors, Managers and Advisors through training, coaching, guiding, modelling behaviors / strategies, encouraging collegiality and collaborative problem-solving.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current recruitment trends and practices in Canada and in international markets. Help guide Yorkville University and Toronto Film School to take advantage of emerging growth opportunities.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of related work experience.
- 4+ years of leadership experience in the international recruitment field.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Significant experience and demonstrated successful results in international student recruitment in post-secondary education.
- Strong experience in post-secondary education recruitment and experience writing, planning and delivering presentations at events such as education fairs, school visits, trade shows and other events.
- Strong intercultural communications skills.
- Familiarity with education systems of major recruitment markets and knowledge of other Canadian or international policies governing the flow of students to Canada.
- Strong organizational and operational capacity and proven capacity to manage admissions systems efficiently.
- Familiar with use of CRMs to manage and track business development, marketing and communication to partners and prospective students etc.
- Familiar with the management of international agents.
- Some experience and understanding of digital marketing and social media marketing in international markets preferred.
- Willingness to travel within Canada and internationally.
- Familiarity with educational trends and best practices at post-secondary higher education institutions across the nation.
- An interest in and understanding of immigration issues and policies as they relate to international students studying at Canadian institutions.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to listen actively and provide excellent customer service in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct professional presentations in front of large and small groups.
- Thorough knowledge about and experience working with a diverse student population. Ability to interact effectively with prospective students and families, counsellors, administrators, the general public and campus community including multicultural and non-traditional populations.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language preferred.
- Capacity to be precise and pay close attention to detail including the ability to independently review records and develop itineraries, schedules and plan recruitment activities and programs.
- Ability to interpret and communicate University policies and procedures to prospective students and the public. Ability to understand faculty guidelines and use judgment in making admission decisions. Must be driven to stay on top of changes to policy, procedures and to adjust to new changes as required.
- Working knowledge of the \ Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email systems, CRMs and or Student Information Systems.
Interested applicants should forward their resumes and cover letter to the HR department.
About Yorkville University and Toronto Film School
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.
Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School offers a fast and effective path to an exciting career in film, television, theatre, fashion, graphic design or video games.
What sets Toronto Film School apart is that right from the start students begin the transformative process of turning raw energy and creativity into the practical skills demanded by the competitive world of the entertainment industry.
Students will be filming, editing, performing, writing and designing in a high-energy environment, preparing for exciting careers within the entertainment industry – with the guidance of industry professionals and supportive faculty, who understand what it takes to succeed.
Toronto Film School has three campuses in the GTA: Dundas Square, Davisville and Concord.
Please visit www.torontofilmschool.ca for further information.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Type: Full-time