Provincial Store Fixtures
910 Central Parkway West
NOW SEEKING WOOD WORKING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Technical Capacity
- Negotiation Skills
- Strong Financial Understanding (budgeting, receiving quotes, pricing work)
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
Physical Demands: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching. Occasional heavy lifting required (up to to 75 pounds).
Required Education and Experience
- Experience with industrial machinery and hand tools found in a millwork shop (Dust Collector, Paint Spray Guns, Shapers, Routers, Sliding Table Saws, Chop Saws, CNC Machines, Panel Saws, Edge bander, Drum Sanders etc.)
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- A degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills, in the mill work industry working
- Certified Electrician (preferred)
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary: Based on Experience
Benefits: Health and Dental
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND JOIN THE BIGGEST (AND GROWING) MILLWORK TEAM IN CANADA!
To apply: Please send us your resume through Indeed and/or email hr @ psfltd. com
Provincial Store Fixtures is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department at hr @ psfltd. com if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be handled and addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /year
- Mill work industry : 2 years (Preferred)
- maintenance technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)