Inspect, maintain, and control process equipment and perform mechanical maintenance throughout the plant.
This position will be reporting to the Operations and maintenance Manager, He/She will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operation, maintenance and compliance with all regulations.
The incumbent will work in a team environment alongside other operators and contractors to ensure proper operation of the dryer facility Systems while following all applicable regulations, legislation, laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Apply to all regulations that provide safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements
2. Perform preventative, corrective and emergency mechanical maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant under the direction of the Plant Manager such as welding, piping and refurbish equipment.
3. Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical malfunctions throughout the plant which includes documenting problem and resolution as well as reporting all problems and resolutions of mechanical malfunctions to the Plant Manager
4. Monitor and control plant operations in accordance with company policies and plant standard operating procedures
5. Maintain records of plant operations including, but not limited to, hourly operating data and abnormal operating conditions. Ensure that the facility operations within permit compliance, at/above design capability, and produced high quality product at all times
6. Perform fire guard duty as well as confined space watch
7. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
8. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
9. Maintain work tools and ensure work tools are put in appropriate secure place after using
10. Demonstrate safe behaviors at all times and to perform their job in a safe manner
Successful completion of a three (3) year Community College Diploma in mechanical or electrical Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to water and wastewater treatment
Minimum three years of experience in municipal drinking water and municipal or industrial wastewater operations and regulatory compliance
Possess the following license: Class II Wastewater Operator License.
Strong knowledge of wastewater treatment operations and systems to facilitate proper operations of the facilities
Demonstrated experience/knowledge in the repair, replacement, installations and maintenance of wastewater systems
Strong knowledge of the relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water operations and maintenance
Knowledge of laboratory analytical procedures and QA/QC programs
Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications, use and storage of industrial chemicals
Familiarity with computers, including monitoring and operating systems (SCADA) and other operational and process data collection/reporting systems
Analytical, problem-solving, planning and scheduling skills required to effectively inspect, operate and monitor the facilities processes and equipment
Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance; take samples, interpret results and make process control adjustments to resolve operating issues
Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people including coworkers, clients, suppliers, while keeping accurate logs and writing reports
Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative, manage multiple and changing demands and priorities while working independently and with other staff
Possess a valid Class G driver’s license throughout the course of employment
Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ability to set and align rotating equipment
Operate a Computer
Verbal and Written Communication
Ability to operate fire protection equipment
Knowledge of plant fire protection apparatus
Operate powered equipment and tools
Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace
Ability to work varying shifts/OT/On Call
Ability to weld and fit pipe, refurbish equip
Ability to wire and unwire motors
Wastewater Operator Experience
High School or better.