Who we are:
Based in Tsawwassen since 1988 our Pure Construction Management business has grown to encompass projects valued from $1 million to $80 million. With an annual construction volume of $100 million we typically have fifteen to twenty projects in various stages of construction with a total construction value of over $250 million in progress and a similar amount in development.
Our core focus and Values:
Is to mitigate our client’s risk, maximize our client’s value, and exceed our client’s expectation by being client goal driven, Innovative, collaborative, concise, firm, fair and FUN.
Main Duties: .
The main and most important function of your position is keeping the construction site clean and free of debris causing safety hazards, moving materials and equipment and performing demolition tasks. As a labourer your daily tasks and critical expectations include:
- Be on time and ready for work each and every work day
- Communicate and follow instructions effectively with supervisors in both written and oral form
- Recognize safety hazards, appropriate precautions and inform others of these hazards
- Effectively work with others to get the job done
- Quality Control
- Always adding Value for the Client
- Loading and unloading construction material and moving materials to work areas
- Installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites
- Mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete and asphalt
- Assisting heavy equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment
- Signaling heavy equipment operators to guide them in moving equipment
- Leveling earth to fine grade specifications using rakes and shovels
- Assisting in demolishing buildings
- Removing rubble and other debris at construction sites using, rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- The standard work week is 40 hours a week, however in peak construction periods you may be required to work overtime.
- You will receive training on each task you perform, including power tools, hand tools, mobile equipment, ergonomics, WHMIS, etc.
- Work is generally outdoors, and is dependent upon the weather.
- You will be working in close contact with other trades.
- Your work will vary from one project to the next.
- Most jobs will be physically demanding. You may have to lift heavy equipment and materials.
- You will be trained to work safely, to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the worksite and the duties being performed.
- Worksites tend to be noisy as a result of the use of heavy equipment and power tools.
- Self-motivated, creative thinking, organized, and efficient with good oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Eye-hand coordination, good physical fitness, manual dexterity and sense of balance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age.
Reference ID: 004
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)