This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Ulukhaktok.
This position reports directly to the Community Adult Educator, Community Learning Centre. The incumbent provides daily general custodial, grounds keeping and maintenance services at the community learning centre facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning products, safe handling procedures, and equipment employed in janitorial care and maintenance of buildings
- Working knowledge of computer programs: PeopleSoft and Email
- Good oral and/or written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the safe and proper use of cleaning products and equipment to others
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in order to determine the appropriate actions to be taken
- Ability to lift, move and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Previous experience in doing routine custodial/maintenance work
- WHIMIS and other safe work procedures training
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Aurora College is focused on student success and is committed to supporting the development of our Northern society through excellence in education, training and research that is culturally sensitive and responsive to the people we serve.