Company Information Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Target Openings 1 Job Description Summary The Sr. Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics is an analytic role that encompasses the personal ownership of operational assignments and support of strategic assignments which may include reserving, reinsurance, rate-making, pricing, regulatory filings, planning/forecasting, project management, CAT modelling, ERM and research. The individual in this role is expected to have a high level of partnership within assigned unit and across projects, and be an influential member of project teams, providing analytical insights to leadership and Business unit partners. The Sr.
Consultant, Actuarial and Analytics will work on assignments requiring knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Actuarial techniques and/or research methods Statistical analyses Foundational business knowledge Line of Business knowledgePrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities * Strategy: * Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility for assigned project sub-components. * Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve challenges of an initiative. * Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to improve project team performance and timelines. * This position may participate on cross-unit, Canada and Enterprise initiatives.
- Operational: * Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment. * Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives. * Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments. * Provide support as necessary for initiatives within Canada or across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communication: * Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and peers. * Communicates technical topics to primary working group. * Actively participates in group discussions. * Provides formal written communication such as memos or presentations with supervision.
- Talent: * May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent within assigned Segment. * Onboard new employees and interns in unit. * Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment, Canada and the Enterprise. * May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
Minimum Qualifications * Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required. * 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge * 3 or more Actuarial exams preferred. * University degree in STEM related field.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies * Leadership:
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS). * 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred. * Developing understanding of insurance products and industry.
* Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity. * Initial development of Leading Others, including mentoring/training team members. * Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a positive member of the Enterprise culture. * Business Acumen: * Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing analytic solutions. * Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology, products and performance of competitors. * Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and disciplines. * Relationship Management: * Begin to develop professional business relationships across the BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas. * Quantitative Analysis: * Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data effectively. * Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability, foreseeing more next steps. * May perform technical review of unit work product.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.