- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing cloud computing business within Amazon. AWS Kumo is an engineering organization, making it easier for AWS customers to bring their workloads to the cloud. We use automation and the combination of AI and high judgement humans to proactively support AWS customers in their cloud journey.
Our strategy for reducing friction for AWS customers, involves bringing together the global community of AWS builders. Currently, the community is dispersed and diluted (AWS Forums, StackOverflow etc).
We want to build a new community portal where builders can discover and contribute solutions to problems faced by AWS builders. To attract builders, we want to enhance solution discovery though targeted recommendations. We want to rank community problems/FAQs in need of solutions which in turn can be used to gamify the contribution process. We don’t have the entire strategy ironed out, so we are searching for a technical leader who is can switch between "gut" and data as we navigate this problem space.
This is a green field project, which has both business and technical ambiguity, so is suitable for a versatile engineering leader who thrives being close to customers and working through ambiguity.
- Experience building solutions using AWS services.
- Experience building tools and frameworks for developers in highly preferred.
- Big Data solution development (Hadoop/Spark) would be preferred.
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
- Experience in developing systems architecture
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.