CLINICAL RESOURCE NURSE
Reporting directly to the Resident Care Manager, the Clinical Resource Nurse is responsible for providing orientation and continuous learning opportunities for all site staff members. The Clinical Resource Nurse will also evaluate clinical staff competencies on an ongoing basis and promote the use of best practice standards, in conjunction with contractual and legislative requirements, as well as Signature Retirement Living policies and procedures.
Note: This position is 32 hours/week.
· Effectively interact with multiple internal/external stakeholders, including the public, and manage stressful situations with empathy and respect.
· Understands and practices the principles of excellent customer service and instills Signature Retirement Living’s Mission, Vision & Values.
· Demonstrates sound nursing practices and decision-making skills in situations with minimal direction or guidance.
· Self initiative, strong time management and organizational skills.
· Clear Criminal Record Check and up to date immunizations.
· Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education & Skills
· Proof of active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) must be produced each year. Baccalaureate of Nursing preferred.
· Current certification in CPR.
· Proven experience leading a diverse group of regulated and unregulated care providers.
· Experience in seniors’ care, retirement living, supportive living, or long term care.
· Experience in adult education is preferred.
Working Environment, Special Skills and Physical Job Requirements
· Work in an environment where there are many distractions and attention is needed on numerous issues at a time.
· Be flexible with schedules and assignments to meet the educational needs of staff, which may include occasional evenings, weekends and night shifts.
· Well organized with attention to detail.
· Walk, stretch and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hours per day.
· Lift alone, up to 40 pounds.
· Push and/or pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
· Bend, stoop, and/or sit on a regular basis.
· Climb stairs and work in confined spaces.
Job Type: Full-time