The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions for eleven core industries. Drawing on in-depth industry know-how and customized IT systems, Panalpina manages the needs of its customers' supply chains, no matter how demanding they might be. Energy and Project Solutions is a specialized service for the energy and capital projects sector.
The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and it works with partner companies in over 100 countries. Panalpina employs approximately 14,000 people worldwide who deliver a comprehensive service to the highest quality standards – wherever and whenever.
We are looking to hire a Warehouse Inventory Control Clerk to support/assist Warehouse Supervisor – Inventory Control while performing inventory tasks
- Take directions from the Inventory supervisor for the daily tasks.
- Verifies items against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in system or count.
- Coordinate and schedule daily cycle counts.
- Review and apply inventory activities, including movements and deletions.
- Schedule 3rd party support base on business needs.
- Report any stock issues to management and place product orders as necessary.
- Prepare and perform daily cycle counts reports.
- Abel to reconcile inventory discrepancies if any.
- Prepare and maintain a list of damage products and unusable products.
- Assist the other members of the inventory team in their daily tasks.
- Respond to the customers query and request in timely and professional manner.
- Daily reporting of the cycle counts to Supervisor/Operation manager.
- File and archive the daily cycle count documents.
- Coordinate with processing and shipping/receiving department of any urgent need.
- Perform assigned tasks to support Panalpina meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
- Valid forklift license (counterbalance or reach) would be an asset.
- Physical Requirements: standing, walking, sitting, bending, moving cartons, counting cartons & pallets, using pump tuck to move pallets (if required).
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse experience preferably in inventory (3PL experience an asset)
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills including oral and written English.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and accurate.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Data entry experience in JDA an asset.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Experience in a Logistics environment an asset.
- Supports organizational commitment to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Fluent in English both written and oral
Specifics for Job / Environment
- Safety shoes and safety vest to be used during the work hours
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Warehouse Management Software (WMS).
If you wish learn more about this opportunity please apply http://www.panalpina.com/www/global/en/home/careers.html
Panalpina Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Panalpina Inc. souscrit au principe d’équité en matière d’emploi
- Panalpina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process including recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages. Please call 905-755-4545 should you require any accommodations.