Alavida Lifestyles is looking for a bilingual Part Time Recreation Assistant/Aide for our newest retirement residence. The Recreation Assistant/Aide assist in the planning and implementation of recreational programs for Residents under the direction of the Recreation Manager.
- Assist the Recreation Manager in the planning and implementation of recreation activities designed to meet individual needs and interests, according to established standards
- Organize supplies and equipment as needed
- Set up program area as needed
- Keep attendance and document Resident participation in activities
- Encourage Residents to attend programs
- Assist Residents to and from programs
- Lives the Vision, Mission, Values and Service Standards of the Organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and understand English and French
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working with the elderly in a setting that promotes optimum independence, dignity and respect
- Must have high energy and a sense of fun
- A college diploma in leisure services an asset
- Must be able to deal effectively with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions.
- Lifting alone, maximum 40 lbs. (5-29 lbs. usual), as an essential job function.
- Lifting with assistance, maximum 150 lbs. (100 - 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential job function.
- Pushing/pulling, maximum 160 lbs., (100 – 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential activity
- Walking, with some upstairs walking, as an essential job function.
- Standing for lengths of time up to 3 hours maximum at one time, as an essential job function
- Bending/stooping for short periods of time as a non-essential job function.
- Crouching, kneeling for short periods of time as a non-essential function.
Alavida Lifestyles is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Alavida Lifestyles will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)