OVERVIEW: Supports and manages Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) programs for the businesses in Canada. This position reports to the HSE Director – North America and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Applies HSE principles and practices to support, implement and manage HSE policies and procedures.
· Partner with site leaders to ensure implementation of HSE programs and systems and integrates HSE into daily work procedures.
- Utilizes professional HSE principles, concepts and independent judgment to develop and design practical solutions to complex HSE problems.
- Provides leadership and direction to achieve the HSE vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
- Identifies risk and unsafe practices associated with the management of contractors and principal liabilities.
- Supports HSE Corporate processes and systems.
- Liaises and supports ISS third parties (i.e. Workers Compensation Board and Property Insurance Carriers) and develops responses to address identified concerns.
- Develops and tracks HSE training to ensure compliance with regulatory and customer mandated requirements.
- Effectively communicates the HSE vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor of Science degree is required. Specialization in Occupational Safety, Safety Science, and Environmental Health is preferred.
· Minimum of 5-10 years of experience supporting HSE programs, procedures & processes.
· Ability to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Demonstrated leadership, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and influence teams and individual employees.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws/environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance and basic understanding of reports required.
- Ability to use and leverage standard office systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, necessary to support HSE.
- Ability to work remote from the rest of the HSE team (all located in the US)
- Ability to support multiple sites, as needed.
- Much of the work is done in an office setting, with some on site work
- Must speak English and French fluently.
- Ability to travel up to 15%-20%. Most of the onsite work is done in the Montreal area
- Ability to obtain Professional Certifications is desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS Facility Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- HSE management: 5 years (Required)