Train and coach technicians to maximize performance through an efficient organization of work. Support team leaders in their tasks.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, guide and coach new staff;
- Re-train existing staff; identify the technical/documentation weaknesses in order to enable the employee to develop and advance;
- Ensure that proper training is available in a timely manner;
- Perform end-of-day checks in colony animals and revise data for these colony;
- Provide regular feedback on technician’s performance to their immediate superior;
- Participate in the development of new procedures;
- Evaluate, modify and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) when required;
- Perform technical work when required (as senior technician);
- Minimize costs whenever possible;
- Ensure that all tasks carried out are performed in full compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), where these conditions apply;
- Ensure SOPs are understood and consistently applied;
- Manage time effectively;
- Remain informed on all legislation and developments related to job through self-education and external training;
- Perform any other reasonable tasks that may be required.
- Work is constantly performed in a laboratory environment with live animals;
- Considerable sensory attention is required on a regular basis;
- Work schedule requires flexibility as per job requirements.
- Collegial Diploma in animal health care or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of many laboratory techniques on different species;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a GLP laboratory environment;
- Ability to manage complex technical problems;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Excellent knowledge of related legislation, principles, practices and procedures;
- Bilingualism is required;
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change;
- Flexibility to work on changing work schedules (weekends, evening/night shifts);
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of related computer applications.