Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community-based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Home Care Nursing Services Manager, the Assistant Manager supports the work of the manager and program area. Key responsibilities include leadership, problem solving, mentoring, performance and human resource management, as well as ensuring that staff have the skills and education required to provide best practice in the community care environment. Supporting quality, timely and effective clinical nursing care is the key responsibility of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registration with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Five (5) years' current clinical experience in a community nursing with a minimum of 3 years management experience required
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a healthcare environment and ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to the Home First philosophy while fostering client independence
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and enhanced customer service
- Strong human resource management, financial management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a high degree of initiative and self-motivation are required
- Flexibility and creativity are required to meet the challenges in a dynamically changing environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Valid driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle
Hours of Work
- Permanent Full-time Position
$33.3988 - $44.3770 hourly
$65,128.00 - $86,535.00 annually
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date. Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs, as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid Registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy. Only online applications are accepted.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/