What's this role about?
As a new member of the financial planning and analysis team at Auvik, you'll gain hands-on experience with planning and budgeting for a high-growth tech company that just ranked #4 on The Globe and Mail's list of Canada's Top Growing Companies. This new role reports directly into the FP&A Manager and will work closely with all departments in the organization. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to build or accelerate their career as Auvik continues its mission to paint the world purple.
What will I be doing?
- Helping with a monthly rolling budget update
- Updating weekly sales funnel metrics and tracking monthly recurring revenue
- Producing monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for the board and the management team
- Preparing a dashboard and recording meeting minutes for the weekly sales and marketing funnel review
- Performing monthly actual vs budget analysis for each department and presenting findings to department leaders in monthly meetings
- Supporting internal quarterly business reviews by preparing data for various teams
- Helping to prepare for board meetings and investor reporting
- Designing and building new financial models to accommodate new business segments
- Identifying areas for process improvements and providing recommendations
- Performing any ad hoc analysis as required
What are we looking for?
- A new graduate just finishing up school or with 1-2 years of experience, who's looking for an exciting opportunity to grow their career in the tech industry
- Curiosity and a positive attitude
- A true problem solver with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A spreadsheet guru who's able to build financial forecasting models in Google Sheets or Excel with experience in Google Script/VBA
- Experience creating, updating, and managing data records using SQL
- Experience with accounting and ERP systems, such as Sage Intacct, and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with the ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Degree in accounting, finance, or business
***Please note, the anticipated start date for this role is May 2020.
Are there bonus points?
Yes! We'll give your application extra credit if you have one or more of these:
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker is a plus
- Working towards a CPA designation would be awesome
Auvik is a venture-backed company making software that's changing the way IT networks are managed. We're solving the problems of network complexity so our customers don't have to.
Want to see #InsideAuvik? Follow our Instagram @theauvikway for behind-the-scenes pics of patio BBQs, swag shots, community giveback missions, and more.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.