The role of Architect Leader is an integral part of our delivery practice as we execute on enterprise level engagements through our various industry specializations. Listed below are supporting details for the role.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Drive the implementation and successful completion of solutions built upon the Microsoft application development and integration stack.
- Architecture of enterprise-level business solutions as well as leading other team members in the area of design, implementation, and quality assurance.
- As a technical leader, drive project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the delivery team ensuring that solution development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Evolve leading-edge techniques for developing and managing business solutions for our customers.
- Support of presales activities with sales staff in order to present eye-catching demos
- Technical documentation and knowledge transfer internally and externally
- Support for testing and QA activities
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in Microsoft technologies
- Understand and help refine un-stated requirements & work with the Development Manager, Business Analyst, and Project Manager to define software requirements; and to assess feasibility of solution within time constraints.
- Conduct design and peer reviews including individual & team unit testing
- Proactively ensure prompt notification to Project Manager of deviations and manage technical issues in working with other developers.
- Work with the project team to review problems, define and test solutions
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Participation in the preparation of technical design documentation and create implementation instructions to support application deployments
- Aid in the development of architectural framework and design
- Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
- Proactive approach to finding solutions and managing problems.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Remain up to date of development technologies, both current and future.
- Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline and 5 years of software design engineering
- Background in Microsoft Application Development and Architecture
- Project lead/management experience
- Technical Leadership Skills
- 5+ Years of .NET experience: C#, Web Technologies (ASP.Net)
- 5+ Years of SQL Server Experience: Data Modeling, core SQL, Performance Tuning
- 3+ Years of Cloud Architecture Experience (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Task Management and Project Coordination Skills
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics skills
- Demonstrated needs analysis skills in a project environment
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and tools (UML)
- Soft Skills
- Experience interfacing with Customers and External users
- Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to work with different levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules
- Strong attention to the quality of work delivered (attention to detail)
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Experience with one or more of the following industries: Mining, Healthcare, Finance, Insurance.
- Microsoft Certifications
- Security Certifications (CISSP)
- Experience driving technology integration and adoption
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple Projects
- Sound Business Intelligence and Reporting experience
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) experience.
- SharePoint/O365 platform experience
- SQL Server/RDBMS and related technologies like BI & Reporting Services
- Integration technologies like BizTalk, Azure Service Bus, Queues (MQ)
- Exposure with TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT
- Exposure to NoSQL databases: MongoDB, DocumentDB, CouchDB,
- Exposure to client-side frameworks: React, Angular, Knockout, Bootsrap, JQueryUI, Kendo, Backbone
- Exposure to mobile tech: Xamarin, Cordova, Phonegap
BDO Canada LLP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected applicants MUST be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
** Accommodation is available to applicants with a disability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Architectural Design: 5 years (Preferred)