Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness.
Make-A-Wish Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, making dreams and wishes come true for more than 480,000 children since 1980.
On October 1, 2019, Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada and Make-A-Wish Canada joined forces with the goal of granting the wish of every eligible child across the country. As one organization, our mission is to provide children with life-threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish, giving them the strength to endure their treatments and build resilience.
Join our team as a:
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Contract Full Time (12 months)
Reference #: IN015
· Collaborates and develops an annual fundraising activity plan with the Director or immediate manager in identifying opportunities to increase revenue in the community and at the provincial level.
· Cultivates and stewards relationships with existing donors and sponsors; working in collaboration with the Chapter Office/manager, and identify and establish relationships with new prospects; execute on solicitation including cold-calls for identified fundraising needs.
· Supports the implementation of community fundraising initiatives as required ensuring their success (e.g., providing guidance, materials, volunteers, etc. to third party partners).
· Represents the Foundation at various meetings and fundraising events when required acting as a spokesperson for the Foundation, participating as a guest or developing and delivering presentations.
· Collaborates with internal departments to assist with development or coordination of material for Wish Stories and other development and communication material/literature on a timely basis which may include social/marketing media.
· Adheres to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
· Establishes and maintains a wide network of internal and external relationships with chapters, National office, sponsors, donors, community liaisons, volunteers, media, Wish Families, suppliers; entertainers, and referring organizations.
· Utilizes strong administrative and computer skills to complete all administrative and data management tasks associated with fundraising on a timely basis. This includes using Raiser’s Edge to input and track donor activities.
· Utilizes creativity in the development and design of PowerPoint presentations, flyers/brochures, and other material.
· Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations, and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in fundraising/business or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· 2 -3 years working experience in the fundraising area (events, campaigns and working with volunteers), preferably in a multi-level organization within diverse communities. Supervisory experience is an asset.
· Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously.
· Demonstrated experience in overseeing tasks of others and to work with others on a job to achieve the best results.
· Must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
· Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to speak to groups of people in a variety of settings.
· Demonstrated experience in problem solving and good judgement.
· Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills. Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet targeted timelines.
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel).
· Demonstrated experience in using databases and ability to be able to train on databases; and the ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
· Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
· Primary responsibilities are carried out in the Chapter Office, however, regularly required to be out of the office for visits with sponsors and donors, for site visits and attending events in the community.
· This position is required to work outside normal office hours during peak season.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL EFFORT
· Works under pressure at peak times of the year with tight deadlines, high volume workload, and with multiple demands, changing and overlapping priorities.
· Works under high degree of pressure on day of events to ensure logistics and all aspects of events are carried out successfully.
· May be exposed to sensitive situations regarding wish children and families.
· Physical activity may include lifting of boxes with materials, setting up equipment, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
Make-A-Wish Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact. We are committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives, foster compassion and better humanity.
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume and cover letter, quoting the reference information Development Coordinator NS, Posting # IN015 in the subject line by February 28, 2020.We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Make-A-Wish Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish Canada or get involved please visit our website at www.childrenswish.ca.
Reference ID: IN015
Job Types: Full-time, Contract