Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
The International Compliance Team forms part of the Enterprise Global Compliance Function. The team has a global reach and responsibility for all aspects of regulatory compliance across FIS’ entities and ensures the entities operate in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, regulatory guidelines, and requirements, worldwide. We provide regulatory guidance and compliance support to various stakeholders and senior management across the business, and the team consists of experienced legal and compliance professionals. Being supportive, smart, collaborative, inclusive, creative, open, and passionate are the core values of the team and our culture.
Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact FIS products, services and business activities.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Offers guidance on implementing regulatory changes.
- Communicates detailed requirements to LOB, validate solution approach and monitor status.
- Provides compliance reviews and direction for new and expanding products and services.
- Responds to issues and matters pertaining to regulatory compliance of FIS products, services and business activities.
- Performs periodic reviews and evaluations of FIS products, services and business activities to validate compliance with applicable laws and regulations or detect regulatory violations, weak controls or other potential areas of exposure.
- Conducts compliance assessments and provides direction on any deficiencies detected by those assessments.
- Meets with business unit Compliance Officers on a regular basis for status updates on compliance issues.
- Monitors LOB compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Tracks and validates product compliance deficiencies to completion.
- Participates in development of compliance sessions/presentations.
- Participates in training promoting compliance awareness.
- Identifies areas of potential improvement.
- Provides updates for periodic reports.
- Interfaces with legal counsel and federal, state and local agencies, as needed to address regulatory or compliance issues, concerns or questions.
- Assists the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
- Participates with and/or leads customer focus and advisory groups.
- Prepares and approves internal and customer communications covering compliance issues (bulletins, position statements, monthly reports, etc.
What you bring for experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Proficiency in English and in French is required for this position.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as banking regulations, anti-money laundering, or anti-corruption
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
- Ability to apply creative problem solving techniques and tools to compliance issues
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
A multifaceted and challenging career with a high degree of responsibility
A broad spectrum of experiences with a thriving Fortune 500 corporation in an innovative, ever-changing industry
A modern work environment, and a collaborative and dedicated group of colleagues who look forward to working together as a team to accomplish our goals
A competitive salary and a range of benefits designed to support your wellbeing
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant privacy and data protection issues in financial services and information technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.